Tuesday, April 13, 2010

NaBloPoMo: Tasty Tuesday

I did it again! I forgot about NaBloPoMo yesterday. Oh well, I think I'm just going to persevere and try to finish my 30 days of posting. I wanted to do Tasty Tuesday again, where you post a recipe that has something to do with the book your currently reading. But I have fallen behind on my reading so... I think I will post the recipe I used for dinner last night. It was delicious! Here goes...


Our Favorite Chicken Milanese


prep time
15 min
total time
39 min
makes
6 servings

What You Need!

1/3 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
2 cloves  garlic, minced
25 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup  finely chopped fresh parsley
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1/4 cup oil, divided

Make It!


MIX mayo and garlic in pie plate; mix cracker crumbs and parsley in second pie plate.
DIP chicken in mayo mixture, then in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each breast.
HEAT 2 Tbsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet. Cook chicken, in batches, 4 min. or until done and evenly browned, turning after 2 min. and adding the remaining oil as needed.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Substitute
Substitute pork loin cutlets for the chicken breast halves.
Fish Milanese
Prepare as directed, substituting mild white fish fillets, such as catfish or tilapia, for the chicken breasts. Do not pound fish fillets to flatten and reduce the cooking time to 3 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serving Suggestion
Serve with a steamed green vegetable, such as broccoli, and glass of fat free milk.
 -Courtesy of www.kraftrecipes.com
I thought this recipe was really flavorful. I didnt use parsley because I had none, and used italian bread crumbs instead of crushed Ritz crackers but it tasted just as good to me. I have been searching for a way to get breading to stick to chicken and I think the method they use here is the key. The mayo gives flavor and makes the breadcrumbs stick, not falling off soggily as you try to cut it. I served it with green beans and a biscuit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails