Friday, April 23, 2010

NaBloPoMo: Aloha Friday #4



Today's NaBloPoMo post is inspired by An Island Life blog. Just post a random question and you can link back to Kailani's McLinky on her blog. Here goes...

Some parents think that the toys in Happy Meals make kids crave bad foods like cheeseburgers and fries. What do you think of the idea of taking toys out of Happy Meals, or charging for them if you want them?

This is another hot topic thats been discussed on a lot of the parenting blogs. Some say that the toys do make kids crave bad foods, some think its silly and parents should do more to control their kids diets. Others think that making the toy optional for a small charge is a good idea.

I am in agreement with the parents who think we should all do more to control our kids diets. After your child is a baby and turns one, you should feed them a variety of foods, such as give them what you are eating for dinner, so they wont be so picky and learn to appreciate different tastes. We can all do more to shape our childs palate from an early age. There are healthy choices in happy meals now, such as white meat chicken nuggets, apple slices, and low fat milk. The toy shouldn't be blamed for those parents who have let their kids run amok and eat whatever they want!

Those are my thoughts, I'd be happy to hear yours! Post your comments below.

4 comments:

Becca said...

As a kid, McDonalds was a treat for me. The toy was the best part of that treat, and I see no reason to get rid of it. I think you can buy the toy separately if you are really that against the unhealthy food.

The Social Frog said...

The toys were the fun part growing up. I think it would be silly to get rid of them. If you are against your kids eating the food, don't take them there.
www.thesocialfrog.com

Mary512 said...

Thank you for your insightful comments, Becca & Social Frog!

Tatum said...

Hummm my son could care less about the toy....When I was a kid I couldn't wait to see what I got..Actually half the time he ignores the toy & I ended up opening it. I think it depends on the kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails