Friday, October 23, 2009

Miss Trimble's Trap Door Book Review


"Lori Jordan-Rice is the author of "Miss Trimble’s Trapdoor" and "Miss
Trimble’s Trapdoor: The Perseverance of Christopher Columbus," a new
educational children's book series. Kids can visit
www.MissTrimblesTrapdoor.com to write to main characters Tyler and
Barney, as well as for helpful educational links, crosswords and word
searches
."

I was very happy to receive my Miss Trimble's Trap Door book package the other day! I received 2 books, Miss Trimble's Trap Door, Miss Trimble's Trap Door: The Perseverance of Christopher Columbus and a press release. These books are very visually appealing, the covers are shiny & matte so it really makes them stand out. I love the fact that the author Lori Jordan-Rice is from Texas too! The press release says she is from Lewisville, which is not too far from Dallas. Another thing I like is that she uses Christopher Columbus as a character focus. Christopher Columbus has been a controversial topic in recent years with many people saying that he actually was not the first to explore the Americas. But I feel like Chris Columbus hasn't gotten his due lately, and having him as a character focus is really cool. Kids need to know the history of their country, controversy or not.


The Bottom Line: I love these books! Very beautifully illustrated and educational too. Pick them up at your local bookstore today!

*I  received 2 copies of the Miss Trimble's Trap Door books in order to facilitate my honest review. No other form of compensation was or will be provided.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails