Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Guide: Proactiv Solution Review!

As the days grow colder, it’s essential to keep delicate skin on the face from drying, cracking and feeling worn out from the winter elements. 
Just in time for the first blustery wind, here our some of favorite products for soft, supple and radiant skin through the winter.

From the Proactiv® Skincare Line:
Proactiv® Green Tea Moisturizer

§  Feather-light moisturizer, designed specifically for acne prone skin, absorbs instantly, delivering deep hydration to dry, tired skin and helps nourish and soothe. 

§  Formulated with concentrated botanical extracts and powerful antioxidants, leave skin feeling refreshed and moisturized. 

§  Mineral-rich, non comedogenic formula, does not clog pores or leave skin feeling greasy

§  Specifically created for the acne-prone skin, yet works for all skin types. 

 


Proactiv® Clarifying Night Cream

·         For acne prone skin, this moisturizer offers both the benefits of salicylic acid to help clear up blemishes and retinol to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

·         Contains unique combination of natural botanicals such as chamomile and kukui nut oil to soothe and calm the skin’s surface while you sleep.  

·         Moisturizing agents restore balance and replenish, leaving skin fresh and glowing.

 


Proactiv® Replenishing Eye Serum
§  Designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with co-enzyme Q10 & hyaluronic acid.
§  Contains green tea to reduce the effects of free radicals and vitamins and botanicals to rejuvenate tired eyes.
§  Perfect treatment ‘round the clock for a refreshed look.
§  Non-comedogenic; designed specifically for acne prone skin.

Proactiv® Nourishing Eye Cream
·         Offers deep hydration with an ultra-rich formula of soothing botanicals, such as cucumber and chamomile extract.
·         This luxurious cream contains soy extract for skin brightening benefits.
·         Utilizes a rich blend of nourishing elements and antioxidants, including vitamins A, C, & E and green tea.
·         Treat under eye area for intense overnight hydration.
§  Non-comedogenic; designed specifically for acne prone skin.




-Courtesy of Proactiv


I was beyond excited to review Proactiv products! I have developed a case of adult acne and have been searching for products that work well. I have always wanted to try Proactiv since I've always heard their products worked well, but never had a chance to. I was sent samples of the 3 step system including the Renewing Cleanser, Revitalizing Toner and Repairing Lotion. I was also sent the winter products including the Green Tea Moisturizer, Clarifying Night Cream, Replenishing Eye Serum, and Nourishing Eye Cream. I also received a sample of the Refining Mask. 
I have been using the system for about 4 days and have noticed vast improvements in my skin. The redness is down, swelling is down, and pores and blemishes seem diminished. All good things! I feel like I have found the products for my face that will really work, and though they cost a bit more, they are certainly worth it! It feels good to feel like you have a solution to your problem... acne. I know they sell Proactiv at my local Target so I plan on purchasing more when I run out of my samples!
The 3 step system is absolutely essential (Cleanser, Toner, and Lotion) though I feel like I will also purchase more Refining Mask and Green Tea Moisturizer when I run out. There are many products in the Proactiv line and you have to find which ones work best for your skincare regimen. I am also interested in trying the Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 15, but right now I have a oil free moisturizer plus sunscreen so I am using that. You must use suncreen on your face while using Proactiv products! Beyond that I'd also like to try the Concealer Plus. That's right, Proactiv carries makeup products including Foundation, Powder, and Concealer. The Concealer covers blemishes while helping to clear them up!
The Renewing Cleanser helps clear up your skin with benzoyl peroxide. It has tiny beads that lift away dead cells and impurities.
The Revitalizing Toner has chamomile, witch hazel, aloe, and allatonin to soothe and soften.
The Repairing Lotion is potent stuff. It also has benzoyl peroxide, allatonin, and silica to absorb oil.
The Refining Mask is essential to your skincare regimen. It has sulfur and kaolin to absorb surface oil. You can spot treat bad blemishes and leave on overnight to help clear them up. 
The Green Tea Moisturizer has botanicals and antioxidants for a refreshing and soothing experience.
The Clarifying Night Cream has salicylic acid, retinol, chamomile, and kukui nut oil to sooth the skins surface
The Nourishing Eye Cream has cucumber, chamomile, soy extract, green tea extract, and vitamins A, C, & E all in one luxurious cream.
And the Replenishing Eye Serum has botanicals, hyaluronic Acid, Co-Q10 and green tea extract to reduce the effects of free radicals. 
It is recommended that you use Proactiv twice daily for maximum results. Ive been using it twice a day every other day when I do the refining mask, and once a day on the other days. 
The Bottom Line: I would whole heartedly recommend Proactiv to those with light to moderate/severe acne. It truly works! Why does it work? Because it has the active ingredients that are clinically proven to help clear up acne. Proactiv has been a successful product for years because it truly works. Thanks a million to Rodan & Fields Proactiv Solution!

*I received samples of some of the Proactiv line of products to facilitate my candid and honest review. No other form of compensation was or will be given. All views are my own!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails