Monday, December 7, 2009

Deck the Cupcakes with Bright New Icing



Perfect for this year’s holiday festivities, Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing helps to make all of your baking and decorating even easier.

Deck the Cupcakes with Bright New Icing
Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing Adds A Festive Touch

The hustle and bustle of the holiday season means a full calendar of holiday parties, family get-togethers and baked good exchanges. Signature Brands is helping to make party preparation and gift giving even easier with Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing. Each icing has a velvety smooth, fluffy texture and luscious vanilla buttercream flavor, and can help almost anyone transform ordinary cupcakes into edible art. As a special holiday treat, two new seasonal varieties, Ivy Green and Rose Red, will be available for a limited time at Walmart stores.
“There’s no better way to celebrate the season than with decorating,” said Mindy Beegle, senior brand manager of Betty Crocker Decorating at Signature Brands. “Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing lets everyone feel like a professional baker by adding a splash of color and personal touch to cupcakes in minutes. Decorate cupcakes for your next holiday party, or package them as gifts to family and friends.”

In addition to the holiday hues, the icing is available in six other vibrant colors, including Sky Blue, Meadow Green, Sunset Orange, Petal Pink, Cloud White and Buttercup Yellow. Each 8.4-ounce can comes with four decorative tips – drawing, ribbon, leaf and star – that make it a cinch to write names or create shapes and basket weave designs. Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing can be found at national retail superstores and grocery stores for a suggested retail price of $3.99.

About Betty Crocker decorating products
Betty Crocker decorating products help to make everyday special with and affordable dessert decorating items, from décors and Easy Squeeze icing to baking cups and candy decorations. Betty Crocker decorating products are owned, created and distributed by Signature Brands, America’s leading innovator of specialty and holiday food decorating tools and accessories. For more information, please visit www.signaturebrands.com


-Courtesy of Betty Crocker



My messy attempt at cupcake decorating! The picture makes it look even messier somehow, but I had fun practicing my technique! The icing also doesn't look as shiny in real life. 

I was looking forward to reviewing Betty Crocker Decorating Cupcake Icing! But with all the things going on this holiday season, its taken me a little while to get around to it. I was sent two samples of the Cupcake Icing, in green and red. These are the new colors for the Christmas season, but they also have blue, orange, pink, white, and yellow. I was actually at Walmart the other day and saw that they carried the product in the baking aisle, they had all the regular colors but not the holiday colors yet. So keep an eye out.
I baked my cupcakes (I used yellow cake, with Spongebob baking cups!) and then let them cool. I then tried my hand at cupcake decorating. I've never really decorated with icing before so I figured it would be messy. There are 4 different decorating tips, a drawing tip, star tip, leaf tip, and ribbon tip. I wasn't sure if I could make the icing look the way it did on the package but it wasn't hard at all. And I figure if I practiced a bit more, I could get alot better at cupcake decorating.
The icing has a great buttercream flavor and my husband and I really enjoyed them! My daughter is the only 3 year old in the world that doesn't care for sweets, so more for us!
Thanks to Betty Crocker for the sample products!

*I received 2 samples of Betty Crocker Cupcake Decorating Icing to facilitate my candid and honest review. No other form of compensation was or will be given. All views are my own!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails