Ribbies Clippies®was created in August of 2006 by sisters Kristen Creamer and Kim Marable. We were looking for cute hair accessories for our young daughters and noticed the selection hadn't changed much from when we were little. It was mostly big bows and plastic barrettes that slid out. We wanted to design something simpler, more proportionate to a baby's face. About the same time, we came across the huge selection of fun scrapbooking ribbon that was relatively new to the market and thought it was a perfect fit. We added the foam grip and the clips stayed in our daughter's hair all day.
In 2006 we were making them ourselves at the kitchen table. Now we have a manufacturer, a fulfillment center and distributors in 9 countries. We could never have predicted this sort of growth so quickly. We are just doing something we love, which we think is why Ribbies is successful.
We have expanded our line with several new products including pacifier clips, clippie cases, and selling Ribbies own custom ribbon designs by the yard. We now have over 140 ribbon selections to choose from.
A special thanks to our great husbands Chuck and Rob and our inspiring kids Nate, Gibson, Reagan, Stella and Ethan. We appreciate all of you who have helped us along the way and to all of our customers who continue to spread the word about Ribbies!
-Courtesy of Ribbies Clippies
I was excited when a fellow Austin mom and Ribbies Clippies owner contacted me to do a hair clippies review! I soon received my Ribbies Clippies to review and was happy when I saw 4 clippies generously in my package. Two with stripes, and two with polka dots. My daughter will look adorable wearing these this weekend when we go to visit my relatives in Houston!
What I love about Ribbies Clippies is that they are grippy! They have a soft grippy plastic on the top of the clip. So they truly stay in your child's hair!
Thanks so much to Ribbies Clippies for the samples!
The Bottom Line: With active girls, you need an adorable clip that will actually stay in their hair. So get Ribbies Clippies... they're grippy!
*I received some samples from Ribbies Clippies to facilitate my candid and honest review. No other form of compensation was or will be given. All personal views are my own!
I'm happy to announce that Ribbies Clippies is giving away 1 gift set and 1 pair of clippies of winners choice to one 512 Kidz blog reader!
Main entry: (A must!) Just leave a comment with email on this post to be entered to win. Feel free to mention who you'd like to win these clippies for.
Extra Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow me publicly (you MUST follow publicly for this entry to count) on Google Friend Connect (located on sidebar)
- Follow me on Twitter (leave your twitter screen name in your comment)
- Tweet this giveaway (leave the link every time you tweet, you can do this daily)
- Subscribe via RSS or reader (located on sidebar)
- Blog this giveaway (leave the link)
- Add 512 Kidz to your link list (leave your blog url)
- Comment on any 512 Kidz blog post (meaningful comments please) and let me know which one (non giveaway posts)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (if applicable, listed on sidebar) and let me know which one
- Vote for 512 Kidz on Top Baby Blogs! Just click the button below, and leave me a comment letting me know you did