Sunday, February 7, 2010

Proactiv Review #2



Proactiv® Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 30


Oil Control with Essential Sunscreen

Formulated specially for acne-prone skin, Proactiv® Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 30, glides on smooth and dries within seconds, leaving the skin feeling soft and moisturized without the sticky residue. A unique blend of skin conditioners help moisturize and penetrate the skin, leaving a soft and smooth complexion. It provides protection against harmful UVA & UVB rays that can cause sunburn and premature aging, and can also be used as a daily facial or body moisturizer.


Key Ingredients
Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen is formulated with several sunscreen active ingredients, including:
·         Avobenzone - Provides added protection against UVA rays
·         Vitamin E - An antioxidant to help skin recover from environmental damage
·         Salicylic acid - Keeps pores from clogging, revealing a clearer complexion

How to use
  • Apply daily to face, neck and body, as needed 
  • Use daily or as needed; can be worn alone or under makeup 
  • Apply prior to sun exposure
  • Can also be worn over the Repairing Lotion

Cost / Purchase Points
Retail: $19.00, 4 FL. OZ.
Proactiv Club Price: $16.95
Available at www.proactiv.com.or call 888-819-2019

Proactiv – 15 Years of Clear Skin
Proactiv Solution, the world’s best selling acne system, is a leader in acne prevention and treatment specifically formulated to offer consumers a lifetime of smooth, clear, healthy-looking skin.  Developed by leading dermatologists, Drs. Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields, Proactiv utilizes Combination Therapy® to directly target the root causes of acne – bacteria, oil production, and dead skin cell build up – allowing Proactiv to heal and sooth acne-prone skin.  Proactiv clears existing blemishes, addresses inflammation and redness, and prevents new breakouts from occurring. Proactiv Solution has a complete line of products, beyond the 3-Step System, including moisturizers, sunscreens, spot treatments and body washes formulated for acne-prone skin.

In addition to being successfully used by millions of women, men and teens for nearly 15 years, Proactiv's 3-Step System and many products in the brand's extensive skin care line have been recognized with 27 coveted awards and honors from the beauty and health industry. Proactiv Solution is distributed by Guthy-Renker and can be purchased by calling 888-819-2019 or online at www.proactiv.com.

-Courtesy of Proactiv
***

I was happy to review some more products in the Proactiv Solution line! About a month or so ago I reviewed some of the winter products on the Proactiv line and fell in love with the products!

Proactiv was generous to send me a few of the other products I was interested in, the Concealer Plus Sulfur Acne Treatment, and the Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 15.

I have a normal case of acne, if you could say that, I don't get a ton of blemishes but when I do they can be bad ones so I like to use concealer. The Concealer Plus is a great concealer because it has the acne medicine right in it. So it is concealing and treating your blemishes. The makeup in the concealer isn't the strongest I've seen (as far as concealing) but even still, I am very happy with the results of using it. If I have a really bad blemish, I put the Concealer Plus on it, with a dab of my regular makeup concealer to fully hide it.

I have learned from using Proactiv that you need to use a moisturizer with SPF in it. The active ingredients in acne treatment products such as Proactiv can make your skin sensitive to sun exposure, such as making you burn easier, etc etc. So I love using the Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen. It's from the Proactiv line so I know it won't make me break out and it has SPF in it! You can also use it on the body.

I am interested in using the tinted facial moisturizer plus SPF when I run out of the bottle I currently have. I also saw a Proactiv commercial the other day saying they had reformulated the cleanser to include micro-crystals so I'd love to try the new formula!

And how is my skin doing after using Proactiv for the past month or so? Good! I have noticed a definite improvement in my skin. I still get blemishes and sometimes I get a bad one, but I am getting fewer. My skin is clearer and not covered in little mini blemishes everywhere. I am happy with the results for sure!

The Bottom Line: Proactiv works! Take is from someone who had been suffering from acne, but my skin is much better now. I'm a customer for life!

* I received some Proactiv products to facilitate my candid and honest review. No other form of compensation was or will be given. All personal views are my own!
 

Proactiv® Concealer Plus


Super-Medicated Concealer Hides Blemishes as it Accelerates Healing
Cover individual blemishes and make them go away faster with this super-medicated concealer.  It focused dose of acne-fighting sulfur, absorbs oil, and speeds healing.  The slender wand applies just the right amount of this light, oil-free formula to blend with your own skin or foundation. Made in four natural shades. Non-comedogenic.

Key Ingredients
·         Sulfur 8% - acne-fight ingredient

How to use
  • Use after the Proactiv Repairing Lotion.
  • Dot concealer lightly on blemishes, use fingertips or sponge to blend. 
  • Can be worn under makeup. 
  • Not intended for under-eye use

Cost / Purchase Points
Retail: $$ 15.00, 0.25oz
Proactiv Club Price: $12.95
Available at www.proactiv.com.or call 888-819-2019

-Courtesy of Proactiv


4 comments:

MarionG said...

I've been considering giving Proactive a try for a while but you've convinced me. I have some adult acne that I'd like to get rid of. polo-puppy-fluffyAThotmail (dot) com

Mary512 said...

yes give it a try, I swear by it now.

Fokxxy said...

I don't consider myself a person who suffers from a lot of acne. I do however get a lot of tiny bumps of pimples. Not whiteheads or anything.. just tiny bumps. I wish I could clear them up and have smooth skin. I have heard great things about proactive and you write a great review. I may just have to try them. Thank you!!

Mary512 said...

yes I think proactiv could definitely help with that problem, Fokxxy. I had the same problem-small bumps along with the bigger ones. the proactiv really helped to clear up those smaller bumps that covered alot of my facial skin. Now I still a bad blemish from time to time-but the rest of my skin has cleared up considerably.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails