"Forget - there is a better, more modern way to teach kids about handling money. The brand new online program, ThreeJars, teaches saving, spending and sharing - and makes it super easy for parents to track and manage their kid's allowance.
The service is extremely easy to use. Parents set the allowance limit for each child, and come payday, the site adds the new money to their total. It automatically keeps track of how much is owed and what has been paid. What's more, ThreeJars is a real mechanism for showing that money is a limited resource. And it goes beyond just cash for candy and clothes, by encouraging long-term saving and charitable giving."
$30.00 for yearly subscription.
I was set up with a free trial of Three Jars and I have to say I was very impressed. The site was easy to use, easy to understand, fast and visually appealing. Very professional looking as well! This is the type of online service that children can really learn long lasting lessons about money and finance. Your child starts off with say... 5 dollars. Then they split that money between the three jars labeled: Spend, Save, and Share. They can choose how much (by percentage) that they want to go in each jar. Then they can spend some, save some, and donate some of their allowance!
The Bottom Line: Three Jars definitely gets the seal of approval! A must for all parents with school age children.
Whats that? Oh ya, a giveaway!
I'm so happy to announce that Pitch PR has offered up a 1 year online subscription to Three Jars, a $30 value to 1 reader!
Main entry: (A must!)Just leave a comment with email on this post to be entered to win. Feel free to comment with why your family could use this service.
Extra Entries: (Leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow me publicly (you MUST follow publicly for this entry to count) on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Twitter (leave your twitter screen name in your comment)
- Tweet this giveaway (leave the link, you can do this daily) Example: "Win a Three Jars Online Subscription @512kidz Ends 11/12 #giveaway http://tinyurl.com/yerrfo8"
- Subscribe via RSS
- Blog this giveaway
- Add 512 Kidz to your link list
- Vote for 512 Kidz on Top Baby Blogs! Just click the button below, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
Giveaway ends 11/12/09 at 11:59 pm Central Standard time. Winner chosen using Random.org. Winner will be posted on this blog and will be emailed. Winner has 72 hours from Winner announcement to reply to claim prize.
* I received 1 Free Trial to Three Jars to facilitate my honest review. No other compensation was or will be provided for this review.