"In addition to turkey, dressing, mistletoe and champagne, the holidays mean style! I wanted to pass along some glitz-centric tips and a great gift idea from.
Pam Kelly, National Director of Technical Salon Services for Fantastic Sams Hair Salons, has provided some observations for popular hairstyles in the 2009 holiday season:
Smooth and Svelte How-To:
· To get a sleek, sexy, straight look for the holidays, use a moisturizing to leave hair feeling soft and full of body.
· When hair is wet, use an ionic blow dryer to close the cuticle and lock in moisture. fantasticfinish® Shine Serum and fantasticfinish® Spray Shine styling products add luster and shine to dull and dry hair and are great to use when blow-drying.
· Release by using a boar bristle brush nightly.
· Once a week, use a deep moisturizing serum to re-hydrate hair.
· Enjoy a great smooth and lustrous look for the holidays!
Pam’s trend predications for the holiday season include:
· The use of braids woven into the hair will be very popular at holiday parties as well as jeweled headbands and barrettes.
· Celebrity styles, as always, will be requested during the busy holiday season.
· Up do and special occasion hair will be either sleek and pulled back with the focus on the back/nape area, or soft and tousled, rather than a structured look.
· Deep sweeping side part bangs and full front fringes will be popular on most haircuts.
· Haircuts will include soft layering.
· Soft waves will play a big part.
Give the Gift of Glam
If you need a great gift for any family member or friend—look no further than a Fantastic Sams Hair Salons gift certificate! Available for purchase at most Fantastic Sams Hair Salons, a gift certificate is a gift of glam for a loved one. Who doesn’t like to be pampered?
Be sure to check out our Facebook page for more tips, quizzes and photos!"
-Courtesy of Fantastic Sam's